International Green IT Awareness Week
What is International Green IT Awareness Week?
It is an initiative hosted by FFITS.ORG from 1st-7th June, which aims to:
- Motivate individuals and businesses to take action
- Support each other locally, regionally and globally in Green IT innovation
- Share experiences and learnings
- Reduce the environmental footprint of technology
- Reduce travel associated with typical conferences
- Providing access to the latest in research and practical implementation
- Collaborating with professionals and specialists globally
- Promote the use of technology for environmental initiatives
Why host International Green IT Awareness Week?
To encourage individuals and organisations to demand more from themselves and their partners, holding each other to account for our impact on the environment.
Is this just an Australian initiative?
No. Although FFITS.ORG (the organiser of the week) is headquartered in Australia, the International Green IT Awareness Week campaign has been developed as a global campaign.
Where can I get more information?
Visit our website: www.greenitweek.org